Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we took a break from audio show exhibits. Our first foray back will be at Capital Audiofest 2022.
Florida Audio Expo 2020
As covered by Steve Rochlin of Enjoy The Music here (and also here), Gingko Audio and Danacable were at the inaugural Florida Audio Expo: “It’s always a very good day when I meet-up Vinh Vu during a show. There’s always a smile on his face and good music playing too! During the Florida Audio Expo 2020 Vinh was going mainly head-fi with an abundance of stereo headphones, plus of course his line of DanaCables and Ginko Audio speakers and tweaks. Sennheiser’s incredible HDV 820 digital headphone amplifier provided plenty of drive for virtually and set of cans. Of course all headphone cables were, as you guessed it, by DanaCables.”
Capital Audiofest 2019
Gingko Audio introduced the Sextet Modular Speaker Systems to rave report by Greg Weaver of Enjoy The Music: “This was a masterful demo; one that clearly demonstrated why you need the extension provided by a full range speaker or a well-mated satellite/subwoofer system.”
Larryi proclaimed on Steve Hoffman Forum: “There were two rooms running Ginko speakers and both systems were very good sounding. One was a $10,000 system running in one of the big rooms which sounded beautifully balanced, natural, and relaxed, without sounding lifeless. The small stand-mounted speaker in another room (I think it was $3,000) sounded very good too-very well balanced and natural sounding.”
Rusty Jefferson said on Audio Circle: “Gingko Audio had for me, the most realistic soundstage with their Sextet speakers that include 2 monitor speakers and 4 subs in a swarm arrangement. Excellent imaging, and the bass was spot on.”
As shown in Ron Nagle’s photo coverage on Enjoy The Music, Gingko Audio and Danacable partnered with Salk Sound, Wells Audio, and Lampizator DAC, to rave reviews by the audio press. Here are a few samples:
- From Howard Kneller of Soundstage: “When the electronics and recording dictated expansive dynamics, a deep and large soundstage, and rich harmonic textures, the speakers delivered.”
- From Frank Iacone of Headphone.guru: “Truly an impressive room and sound that was inviting and musical.”
- From avanti1060 on Steve Hoffman forum: “… very good transparent sound coming from some gingko audio stand mount monitors at a reasonable price point.”
Capital Audiofest 2018
Gingko Audio and Danacable showcased a system that garnered a Best of Show from Kemper Holt of AVShowrooms (at 9:33 mark on youtube video).
Rocky Mountain Audio Fest 2018
As noted on Stereophile and the Audio Beatnik, Gingko Audio put together an under-5K room on behalf of RMAF’s show organizers that consisted of Salk speakers, a Peachtree amp, a VPI turntable, Danacables, and Gingko vibration control products.
Gingko Audio showed a live demo where all four models of Denafrips DACs were presented in a system with Triode Corp 300B monoblocks, Wells Audio Commander preamp, and Danacables (see a photo coverage of the setup on Audio Federation, and a pre-show introduction on youtube by Vinh Vu and Norm Ginsburg). A pre- and post-show discussion of the demo can also be found on Audiogon.
Jay Luong of Audio Bacon awarded the demo a Best of Show: “One of the rare chances to listen to an entire line of DACs in the same room.” Jay also deemed Gingko Audio’s ARCHs “The most versatile isolation platforms available.”
From Herb Reichert of Stereophile: “I always enjoy visiting Vinh Vu, president of Gingko Audio and Danacable. He plays music I like, always gets good sound, and helps me understand the sometimes-unusual lineup of products he demonstrates. This year was no exception.”
From Jason Victor Serinus of Stereophile: “Gingko Audio system continued the trend of fine albeit warm sound … I heard a lively top and all-pervasive warmth.”
Also at AXPONA 2018, Danacable partnered with Aurum Cantus and Benchmark. From Steve Rocklin of Enjoy The Music: “…a memorable sound… fast, precise, and nice harmonics.”
Rocky Mountain Audio Fest 2017
Gingko Audio partnered with Audiophile-Direct to produce a budget sound room featuring Aurum Cantus speakers and Danacables. Show coverage included:
- From Herb Reichert of Stereophile:
“The $5000 room was all about the excellent Aurum Cantus Melody M-103 SE loudspeakers ($1800/pair) and their ribbon tweeters; the VPI Cliffwood turntable ($895); and the 80Wpc Music Hall a30.3 integrated amplifier ($995)—and, last but not least, the cables by Dana Cable (marketed exclusively by Gingko Audio). Appropriate $5K room adjectives: fast, clean, easy, free moving, danceable, with life and bustle; and obviously a genuine perfectionist system.”
- From Audio Bacon:
“Aurum Cantus Melody M-103 SE ($1,800/pair) with Ginkgo Audio Super-ARCHs ($399). One of the better sounding setups at the show with a total system value of only $5,000. Superbly free-flowing, creamy rich vocals, weighty bass without interfering with the rapid rhythms. Like the Spendor + Hugo 2 setup, I was surprised and delighted by the price/performance ratio of the Aurum Cantus.”
- From Enjoy The Music: “Music Hall electronics, Aurum Cantus M103SE speakers ($1800 per pair) and a variety of DanaCables round out RMAF 2017’s very special $5000 audio system. … For a mere $5000 this is one heckofa system. Bass was full sounding, with the highs being fast and extended. Yet on voice… oh yes my friends, female vocals were smooth and glorious. Me likeeee for the priceee.”
Danacable was showing the now-famous A/B headphone cable demo.
LA Audio Show 2017
Gingko Audio and Danacable showed the ARCH demo and Headphones demo at The LA Audio Show in June.
- From Steve Rochlin of Enjoy The Music: “…Sensational sounding system…”
- From Jason Victor Serinus of Stereophile: “…produce the kind of sound that makes you happy.”
- From Gary Alan Barker of Headphone.guru: “Both demonstrations were jaw dropping and proof that great things are happening at Gingko Audio.”
Gingko Audio and Danacable partnered with Salk Sound, Wells Audio, and Exogal DAC, to rave reviews by the audio press. Here are a few samples:
- From Jason Victor Serinus at Stereophile: “… the sound was so good that nothing, not even music so frequently aired that it has become an audiophile cliché, could steal the joy.”
- From Dave Hansen at Enjoy the Music: “And for 1/7 of the price of the monster Mark Levinson and Revel Ultima system mentioned above, I think I would likely be just as happy with this budget-priced synergistic gem at the end of the day.”
- From Mr. Eric Neff at Hi-Fi+: “Sound was precise and full.”
- From Clement Perry of Stereo Times: “…fabulous resolution and exquisite three-dimensionality that was evident through a variety of musical genre.”