Gingko Audio partnered with Audiophile-Direct to produce a budget sound room featuring Aurum Cantus speakers and Danacables. Show coverage included:
- From Herb Reichert of Stereophile:
“The $5000 room was all about the excellent Aurum Cantus Melody M-103 SE loudspeakers ($1800/pair) and their ribbon tweeters; the VPI Cliffwood turntable ($895); and the 80Wpc Music Hall a30.3 integrated amplifier ($995)—and, last but not least, the cables by Dana Cable (marketed exclusively by Gingko Audio). Appropriate $5K room adjectives: fast, clean, easy, free moving, danceable, with life and bustle; and obviously a genuine perfectionist system.”
- From Audio Bacon:
“Aurum Cantus Melody M-103 SE ($1,800/pair) with Ginkgo Audio Super-ARCHs ($399). One of the better sounding setups at the show with a total system value of only $5,000. Superbly free-flowing, creamy rich vocals, weighty bass without interfering with the rapid rhythms. Like the Spendor + Hugo 2 setup, I was surprised and delighted by the price/performance ratio of the Aurum Cantus.”
- From Enjoy The Music: “Music Hall electronics, Aurum Cantus M103SE speakers ($1800 per pair) and a variety of DanaCables round out RMAF 2017’s very special $5000 audio system. … For a mere $5000 this is one heckofa system. Bass was full sounding, with the highs being fast and extended. Yet on voice… oh yes my friends, female vocals were smooth and glorious. Me likeeee for the priceee.”
Danacable was showing the now-famous A/B headphone cable demo.
Gingko Audio and Danacable showed the ARCH demo and Headphones demo at The LA Audio Show in June.
- From Steve Rochlin of Enjoy The Music: “…Sensational sounding system…”
- From Jason Victor Serinus of Stereophile: “…produce the kind of sound that makes you happy.”
- From Gary Alan Barker of Headphone.guru: “Both demonstrations were jaw dropping and proof that great things are happening at Gingko Audio.”
Gingko Audio and Danacable partnered with Salk Sound, Wells Audio, and Exogal DAC, to rave reviews by the audio press. Here are a few samples:
- From Jason Victor Serinus at Stereophile: “… the sound was so good that nothing, not even music so frequently aired that it has become an audiophile cliché, could steal the joy.”
- From Dave Hansen at Enjoy the Music: “And for 1/7 of the price of the monster Mark Levinson and Revel Ultima system mentioned above, I think I would likely be just as happy with this budget-priced synergistic gem at the end of the day.”
- From Mr. Eric Neff at Hi-Fi+: “Sound was precise and full.”
- From Clement Perry of Stereo Times: “…fabulous resolution and exquisite three-dimensionality that was evident through a variety of musical genre.”